Please leave a message or memory for Ann’s family

We would love to collect your memories of Ann in the comments below…

(all comments are moderated and will appear after they have been approved)

13 Comments

1. Holly Smith on April 22, 2018 at 11:19 pm

This is so beautiful ~ I only knew Ann a short time and appreciate knowing her life story ~ she helped me in counseling others and I loved hearing her speak about Christianity and the Bible ~ 🙏🏼💜

2. Karen Sarnaker on April 23, 2018 at 3:14 pm

Ann was beautiful inside and out. We loved her depth of faith, her friendship and love of living. Ann was wise, natural and in communion with mother nature and the human spirit.
    We are blessed to have known this remarkable woman.

3. Rie Linton on April 24, 2018 at 10:10 am

Ann wasnt mentor for EfM, Year Four. I was in her class due to having been told I could not take a class at two parishes because I stuttered and they felt thatsignifued mental incapacity. Ann welcomed me even though it was the first year of the A-V capability. Ann also had me write for EpiscopalCafe.com that year several times, giving me a voice when ithers were trying to silence me. She showed me God’s love and inclusion. Thank you, Ann

4. Jan Tarr on April 28, 2018 at 9:15 pm

“There is love
    in holding
    and there is love
    in letting go.”

5. Eric Bonetti on April 29, 2018 at 5:41 pm

I’m delighted to report that several of us who knew Ann in the DC area recently got together to celebrate her life over chicken wings and beer. It was a wonderful, joyous time, and somehow I feel like Ann would have felt most welcome.

6. Michael and Punitha Westall on May 1, 2018 at 2:03 pm

Punitha and I first met Ann when she came to Tanzania in 1986 and stayed in our house. It began a friendship which lasted for over thirty years, and included our visit to Wyoming in 2007, when Ann was kindness itself, and a visit from Ann and Kristin to our home in Torquay the following year. It is a joy and a privilege to have known her – Michael and Punitha Westall

7. Jan Tarr on May 7, 2018 at 7:32 pm

There is an important aspect of Ann that is not known by everyone and that is her artistic side. For a couple of years she painted with the Art and Meditation group at the Center for Contemplative Arts in Manzanita, Oregon. We all enjoyed her presence and I remember particularly 2 of her paintings from about 2012. Although I don’t know where they are now, I remember them clearly. One was a field of golden grass set against a background of a blue green ocean and the other was a very, very small sailboat in the center of a large lake with high waves all around it and a solitary white figure in the boat. I don’t think there was a title, but from what she told us I was left with an impression of strength and faith.

Later that year, the Episcopal Cafe (I think) chose to display those two pieces of her art in an exhibit, which pleased her.

Those who know her sensitive photographs of ocean scenes will be pleased to know that she enjoyed painting and sharing her acrylics, too.

I love memories of those days. It feels like she accomplished the things she was born to do.

8. Pamela Glasser on May 7, 2018 at 11:46 pm

I will be eternally grateful to Ann for the sincere and unswerving guidance she shared with me during my nearly four years she had been my mentor. Blessings on her husband, daughter and legacy with EFM, as well as all of us who have been enriched by the spiritual gifts she shared in Wyoming.

9. Barbara J. Clapp on May 9, 2018 at 4:20 pm

I am thankful for an opportunity to express my love and appreciation for a friend I never had the opportunity to meet personally. Ann kept in touch with me re: THE DISCIPLE. She mentored and encouraged me long distance as a new beginner in the office at St. James, Riverton, WY. I am forever grateful she took time for me. I will miss her warmth and those occasional notes. May God bless each and every one of you, her family, as you celebrate her life.

10. June Butler on May 11, 2018 at 5:06 pm

Ann and I had been online blog friends for quite a while before we met in Anaheim CA several years ago at General Convention of the Episcopal Church. Ann graciously took me under her wing and showed me around. I’m so grateful we were able to meet face to face during that time. We continued our friendship online through Facebook, email, and messages after our meeting. Ann touched my life in good ways, as she did many others. I miss her.

11. Jodi Gabert on May 14, 2018 at 12:54 am

Ann, in your memory, Doug and I drank a beer and watched the Cubs. It felt right.

12. Karen Haldors on May 14, 2018 at 5:49 pm

Ann was my husbands Aunt and such an inspiration, always with an encouraging word and so genuine and accepting. The service was very nice and loved that the sun shone brightly for the spreading of her ashes. Ann will be missed and will especially remember her legacy of loving and serving and ministering to others in need.

13. Nancy Glarum on May 16, 2018 at 9:03 pm

Ann was the daughter of my mother Betty Glarum’s best friends Dorothy & Charles Haldors. She spoke of Ann often and had the opportunity to visit with Ann & husband Jim in Wyoming. She was thrilled to have them join the community in Cannon Beach & loved watching the progress of the home they were creating there. Ann delighted in teasing our mom in her elderly years to get up early (7am?) and come to the service at Ann’s church in Nehalem, not a short drive either from Mom’s home in Warrenton! They’d laugh as both knew Mom would never make that time slot! I enjoyed being around Ann, she was such a bright spirit, a real light in one’s presence & she looked so much like her mom, Dorothy to me! She will be missed but she’s with her mom & dad, family & friends who’ve left before us. I’m sure she is rejoicing & would want all of those left behind to keep believing as she did & keep that belief alive. God bless you Ann for your gifts and legacy! Most sincerely & with much love, Nancy (Glarum)